World Diabetes Day is commemorated every November, 14. This event is symbolized with blue circle which signs Global Diabetes Community force and held in order to respond to diabetes epidemic. According to data of IDF Diabetes Atlas 10th edition, there were 537 millions adult people (around 20-79 years old) lived with diabetes and predicted would be increased into 643 millions in 2030 and 784 millions in 2045.
Diabetes Melitus (DM) becomes a cronical disease since pancreas could not produce insulin or when the body could not use insulin effectivelly. This disease is divided into 3 types, namely:
- Diabetes Mellitus, first type: this happens as pancreas produces only little or isn’t produce insulin hormone. In general, it happens with children, teenagers, and may possible for all ages.
- Diabetes Mellitus, second type: this happens when glucose increases as the body doesn’t use insulin hormon normally. In general, it happens with adult.
- Diabetes Gestational : a higher rate of glucose happens with pregnant women, and happens with someone who has higher risk of diabetes of second type
For the time being, diabetes can damage heart, blood vessel, eyes, kidney and nerves. Therefore, an early prevention needs to be done in order to avoid diabetes. The following are some prevention steps:
- Maintains a healthy weight (avoid excessive weight)
- Do reguler physical exercises, at least 30 minutes
- Have a healthy diet, by avoiding foods with glucose and saturated fat